- Blog Central
- About Us
- Our Saints
- Carmelite Calendar
- Safe Environment
a Silent Lamp
October 15, 2018
A poem by Gerald N. Alford in tribute to Thomas MertonI am a lamp,a silent lamp,burning in the space and timegiven as my life.Not with steady flame I burn,but under influencesgood and bad,I flicker.But yet I burn,and give some light.
October 15, 2018
Last [summer] my daughter asked me to stay with her children (her almost four year old daughter, and one and a half year old son) for an hour or so while she attended to a task with focus. It turned out to be more delightful than I could have imagined, and a cause for simple, peaceful and enlivening reflection afterward.I had barely come into the living room, when my granddaughter wanted to play a
Carmel: Garden, Mountain
October 2, 2018
By Gideon Pisanty (Gidip) גדעון פיזנטי [CC BY 3.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0)], from Wikimedia Commons At the heart of Carmel is both garden and mountain. Filled from the Fountain, consummately gentle – Waiting in the garden... waiting...
Other Blogs by Secular Discalced Carmelites:
- Bethany Hang Out – a blog by Shawn Chapman, OCDS. Shawn is a member of the Austin community of Secular Discalced Carmelites. She also writes regularly for ATX Catholic online.
- Elizabeth Explores Writing – a blog by Elizabeth Ogilvie, OCDS. Elizabeth is a Secular Discalced Carmelite of the U.S. Central Province.
- Gray Rising – a blog by Tim Bete, OCDS. Tim is a member of the community of the Secular Discalced Carmelites in Dayton, OH.
- Hearth Cake and a Jug of Water – Mary Bellman, a member of the Dallas OCDS community, sends out a daily Carmelite quotation by e-mail. Send her an email at email@example.com if you would like to be added on her mailing list and receive these Carmelite quotations.
- Illumina, Domine – a blog by Pat Enk, a Secular Discalced Carmelite of the U.S. Central Province.