Mustard Seed Faith – Part 2
December 27, 2016 | abandonment, Advent, apostles, Bethlehem, Carmelite, Carmelite spirituality, doctrine, Elizabeth of the Trinity, faith, God's love, Jesus, Mary, reflection, saints, Scriptures, St. John of the Cross, St. Joseph
Jesus' response to the apostles' request in Luke 17:5, to "Increase our faith," is one that has continued to intrigue me in recent months. It has brought a continuing refrain: "If you had faith the size of a mustard seed..."It has struck me during this time how it seems that Jesus infers they (myself, included!) are needing more insight on what faith is, and it's related to the minuscule size of that
Other Blogs by Secular Discalced Carmelites:
- Bethany Hang Out – a blog by Shawn Chapman, OCDS. Shawn is a member of the Austin community of Secular Discalced Carmelites. She also writes regularly for ATX Catholic online.
- Elizabeth Explores Writing – a blog by Elizabeth Ogilvie, OCDS. Elizabeth is a Secular Discalced Carmelite of the U.S. Central Province.
- Gray Rising – a blog by Tim Bete, OCDS. Tim is a member of the community of the Secular Discalced Carmelites in Dayton, OH.
- Hearth Cake and a Jug of Water – Mary Bellman, a member of the Dallas OCDS community, sends out a daily Carmelite quotation by e-mail. Send her an email at email@example.com if you would like to be added on her mailing list and receive these Carmelite quotations.
- Illumina, Domine – a blog by Pat Enk, a Secular Discalced Carmelite of the U.S. Central Province.