- Blog Central
- About Us
- Our Saints
- Carmelite Calendar
- Safe Environment
“Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!”
February 26, 2016
“Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is gracious, if there is any excellence and if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.” Philippians 4:8 The television comedy series Monty Python was known
Pilgrimage in One
October 21, 2015
My husband Bruce and I made a family visit in September to New Jersey and Philadelphia. I always like to make a Pilgrimage when I travel; so, we chose to attend Mass at the Basilica of St. Peter and Paul in Philadelphia. This was a week before Pope Francis would arrive to celebrate Mass for the World Meeting of Families. On September 19, these Meetings on the Family were due to convene in a couple
More About Clouds and Fog
September 7, 2015
One perpetual theme coursing through my life is that of living in a fog ~ that tendency of being what people call a daydreamer. It is who I am and although I am now comfortable in this environment, it can have unintentional results. All this interior dwelling does tend to annoy the spousal unit on occasion, especially when he realizes I haven’t heard anything he’s said to me
Other Blogs by Secular Discalced Carmelites:
- Bethany Hang Out – a blog by Shawn Chapman, OCDS. Shawn is a member of the Austin community of Secular Discalced Carmelites. She also writes regularly for ATX Catholic online.
- Elizabeth Explores Writing - a blog by Elizabeth Ogilvie, OCDS. Elizabeth is a Secular Discalced Carmelite of the U.S. Central Province.
- Gray Rising – a blog by Tim Bete, OCDS. Tim is a member of the community of the Secular Discalced Carmelites in Dayton, OH.
- Hearth Cake and a Jug of Water – Mary Bellman, a member of the Dallas OCDS community, sends out a daily Carmelite quotation by e-mail. Send her an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be added on her mailing list and receive these Carmelite quotations.
- Illumina, Domine – a blog by Pat Enk, a Secular Discalced Carmelite of the U.S. Central Province.