- Blog Central
- About Us
- Our Saints
- Carmelite Calendar
- Safe Environment
A Reflection on the Long Celebration of St. Teresa’s 500th Birthday
January 6, 2016
St. Teresa was determined that her family would be good friends of Jesus, since, as she said, he has so few! Well, I think our holy mother must be pleased by the proliferation of Jesus’s friends who have continued to be called to Carmel. There are many highlights of these 5 years, not the least of which, for me, has been making more Carmelite friends from
Reflection on the Centenary Year
October 22, 2015
As the Centenary Year Celebration approaches I look back over the past five years of study of Our Holy Mother Teresa’s works and am grateful for all the insights and wisdom she has shared with us. I was especially blessed to get to know her better in the study guide of her Foundations and surprisingly in her Letters and Spiritual Testimonies. St. Teresa’s
Other Blogs by Secular Discalced Carmelites:
- Bethany Hang Out – a blog by Shawn Chapman, OCDS. Shawn is a member of the Austin community of Secular Discalced Carmelites. She also writes regularly for ATX Catholic online.
- Elizabeth Explores Writing - a blog by Elizabeth Ogilvie, OCDS. Elizabeth is a Secular Discalced Carmelite of the U.S. Central Province.
- Gray Rising – a blog by Tim Bete, OCDS. Tim is a member of the community of the Secular Discalced Carmelites in Dayton, OH.
- Hearth Cake and a Jug of Water – Mary Bellman, a member of the Dallas OCDS community, sends out a daily Carmelite quotation by e-mail. Send her an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be added on her mailing list and receive these Carmelite quotations.
- Illumina, Domine – a blog by Pat Enk, a Secular Discalced Carmelite of the U.S. Central Province.