- Blog Central
- About Us
- Our Saints
- Carmelite Calendar
- Safe Environment
April 28, 2017
It was mid-morning as IScurried about the house.Make the bed. Sweep the floor.Oh look at those books open, on The desk – need to read those.What is the office calling for?I feel His gaze rest on my wrist. His curved fingers reaching proposing to lead me in a Feather step. And I glide, free-spinning
“Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!”
February 26, 2016
“Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is gracious, if there is any excellence and if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.” Philippians 4:8 The television comedy series Monty Python was known
The Longest Road
February 8, 2016
“So he got up and went back to his father.” — Luke 15:20How many days did he walk,mulling over words he would sayto a father scorned and insulted,replaying scenarios in his mind.Still so focused on himself,all
Courage of Conviction
October 15, 2015
One of my favorite things about our holy mother, Teresa of Jesus, is her willingness to say the hard things,without fear of whatever her day’s “media coverage” will be reporting and mis-representing. Our holy father Pope Francis shares that courage of conviction. When he dares to offer consolation to his priests and bishops, in the face of the ongoing scandals of sexual abuse of children
Other Blogs by Secular Discalced Carmelites:
- Bethany Hang Out – a blog by Shawn Chapman, OCDS. Shawn is a member of the Austin community of Secular Discalced Carmelites. She also writes regularly for ATX Catholic online.
- Elizabeth Explores Writing - a blog by Elizabeth Ogilvie, OCDS. Elizabeth is a Secular Discalced Carmelite of the U.S. Central Province.
- Gray Rising – a blog by Tim Bete, OCDS. Tim is a member of the community of the Secular Discalced Carmelites in Dayton, OH.
- Hearth Cake and a Jug of Water – Mary Bellman, a member of the Dallas OCDS community, sends out a daily Carmelite quotation by e-mail. Send her an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be added on her mailing list and receive these Carmelite quotations.
- Illumina, Domine – a blog by Pat Enk, a Secular Discalced Carmelite of the U.S. Central Province.