The words to hymns so often get lost in the singing
Some of our best prayers are found in ‘little hymns’ that go unnoticed, get little acclaim. one, often sung at Morning Prayer in the Liturgy of the Hours:Lord Jesus, once you spoke to menUpon the mountain, in the plain;O help us listen now, as then,And wonder at your words again.We all have secret fears to face,Our minds and motives to amend;We seek your truth, we need your grace,Our living
Other Blogs by Secular Discalced Carmelites:
- Bethany Hang Out – a blog by Shawn Chapman, OCDS. Shawn is a member of the Austin community of Secular Discalced Carmelites. She also writes regularly for ATX Catholic online.
- Elizabeth Explores Writing – a blog by Elizabeth Ogilvie, OCDS. Elizabeth is a Secular Discalced Carmelite of the U.S. Central Province.
- Gray Rising – a blog by Tim Bete, OCDS. Tim is a member of the community of the Secular Discalced Carmelites in Dayton, OH.
- Hearth Cake and a Jug of Water – Mary Bellman, a member of the Dallas OCDS community, sends out a daily Carmelite quotation by e-mail. Send her an email at email@example.com if you would like to be added on her mailing list and receive these Carmelite quotations.
- Illumina, Domine – a blog by Pat Enk, a Secular Discalced Carmelite of the U.S. Central Province.