- Blog Central
- About Us
- Our Saints
- Carmelite Calendar
- Safe Environment
Love in a Battle-field
May 20, 2016
What is love? Not an original question surely, yet I do still ask myself this question. What does love look like? As a Catholic, my mind immediately turns to the crucifix; THE image of perfect love. Jesus, the son of God, nailed to an instrument of torture upon which he died to procure the salvation of my soul and that of all mankind. Gazing upon a crucifix is an opportunity
The Expanse of My Past
April 6, 2015
Photo by Banjoman1 (Own work) [Public domain], via Wikimedia CommonsMy paternal grandfather died just before my 4th birthday, what I remember the most about him was the love he had for me. I was his seventh grandchild and all he wanted to do was make the most of this little-one while visiting from the countryside. The moment he saw me, he'd gather me into his arms and hug me relentlessly.
Other Blogs by Secular Discalced Carmelites:
- Bethany Hang Out – a blog by Shawn Chapman, OCDS. Shawn is a member of the Austin community of Secular Discalced Carmelites. She also writes regularly for ATX Catholic online.
- Elizabeth Explores Writing - a blog by Elizabeth Ogilvie, OCDS. Elizabeth is a Secular Discalced Carmelite of the U.S. Central Province.
- Gray Rising – a blog by Tim Bete, OCDS. Tim is a member of the community of the Secular Discalced Carmelites in Dayton, OH.
- Hearth Cake and a Jug of Water – Mary Bellman, a member of the Dallas OCDS community, sends out a daily Carmelite quotation by e-mail. Send her an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be added on her mailing list and receive these Carmelite quotations.
- Illumina, Domine – a blog by Pat Enk, a Secular Discalced Carmelite of the U.S. Central Province.