- Blog Central
- About Us
- Our Saints
- Carmelite Calendar
- Safe Environment
Prayer – a response
January 14, 2019
The very act of assent
Choosing attention to deepest silence,
Recited words−formulae or ritual−
become “what we ourselves can do.”
Attending, The once-spoken Word
rung like a Great bell.
It’s single, ever-present Peal
moves without changing−encompassing everything.
Deafness itself, drowns within.
This! is “what happens to us.”
Note: A response to ‘Noontime: Sext: ~ The Angelus’
Written by Hannah De Lisser
Other Blogs by Secular Discalced Carmelites:
- Bethany Hang Out – a blog by Shawn Chapman, OCDS. Shawn is a member of the Austin community of Secular Discalced Carmelites. She also writes regularly for ATX Catholic online.
- Elizabeth Explores Writing - a blog by Elizabeth Ogilvie, OCDS. Elizabeth is a Secular Discalced Carmelite of the U.S. Central Province.
- Gray Rising – a blog by Tim Bete, OCDS. Tim is a member of the community of the Secular Discalced Carmelites in Dayton, OH.
- Hearth Cake and a Jug of Water – Mary Bellman, a member of the Dallas OCDS community, sends out a daily Carmelite quotation by e-mail. Send her an email at email@example.com if you would like to be added on her mailing list and receive these Carmelite quotations.
- Illumina, Domine – a blog by Pat Enk, a Secular Discalced Carmelite of the U.S. Central Province.