- Blog Central
- About Us
- Our Saints
- Carmelite Calendar
- Safe Environment
Scriptural Stations of the Cross
Laura Marie Durant, OCDS, a Secular Carmelite in Austin, TX, shares with us her reflections on the Stations of the Cross based on Scripture.The reflections are available in PDF format from the Downloads page.
Mist of the Mountains
Dragon Poet -
small, pensive, sweet.
Whose long ardent sighs
revive in me memories of
afternoon fog descending
on the mountain’s side.
I a little girl with father and two brothers.
Father clasps my little brother’s wrist
as we four, stroll back to our holiday cottage.
Both mother and sister attentive to our return.
There everything in view
is shrouded by clouds, as
a mystical land comes forth,
devoid of noise. The chill of
mist hovers upon the landscape
hushed, damp, green -
unveiling by degrees the
presence of it’s Creator…
our hidden God.
Written by Hannah de Lisser
Other Blogs by Secular Discalced Carmelites:
- Bethany Hang Out – a blog by Shawn Chapman, OCDS. Shawn is a member of the Austin community of Secular Discalced Carmelites. She also writes regularly for ATX Catholic online.
- Elizabeth Explores Writing - a blog by Elizabeth Ogilvie, OCDS. Elizabeth is a Secular Discalced Carmelite of the U.S. Central Province.
- Gray Rising – a blog by Tim Bete, OCDS. Tim is a member of the community of the Secular Discalced Carmelites in Dayton, OH.
- Hearth Cake and a Jug of Water – Mary Bellman, a member of the Dallas OCDS community, sends out a daily Carmelite quotation by e-mail. Send her an email at email@example.com if you would like to be added on her mailing list and receive these Carmelite quotations.
- Illumina, Domine – a blog by Pat Enk, a Secular Discalced Carmelite of the U.S. Central Province.