- Blog Central
- About Us
- Our Saints
- Carmelite Calendar
- Safe Environment
Scriptural Stations of the Cross
Laura Marie Durant, OCDS, a Secular Carmelite in Austin, TX, shares with us her reflections on the Stations of the Cross based on Scripture.The reflections are available in PDF format from the Downloads page.
Ah. Such joy! Strewn across the sanctuary!
White lilies, blaring their trumpets in
a brilliant white chorus; continuing
for days and then into weeks.
Now their nodding drooping heads are
covered with quantities of bright yellow
pollen. And having spent their beauty
And mingled their fragrance with the
sacred incense, they were sent forth.
Dismissed, to line the walkway up to
the church – an honour guard of
curious sentries – with strong stems and
robust green leaves raised high.
One by one they depart, in the arms
Of the faithful, perhaps to be planted
In a garden amidst later blooming
companions who, upon seeing such
Stalwart witnesses will rise up and finish
the Paschal Tide…in like form.
Written by Hannah De Lisser
Other Blogs by Secular Discalced Carmelites:
- Bethany Hang Out – a blog by Shawn Chapman, OCDS. Shawn is a member of the Austin community of Secular Discalced Carmelites. She also writes regularly for ATX Catholic online.
- Elizabeth Explores Writing - a blog by Elizabeth Ogilvie, OCDS. Elizabeth is a Secular Discalced Carmelite of the U.S. Central Province.
- Gray Rising – a blog by Tim Bete, OCDS. Tim is a member of the community of the Secular Discalced Carmelites in Dayton, OH.
- Hearth Cake and a Jug of Water – Mary Bellman, a member of the Dallas OCDS community, sends out a daily Carmelite quotation by e-mail. Send her an email at email@example.com if you would like to be added on her mailing list and receive these Carmelite quotations.
- Illumina, Domine – a blog by Pat Enk, a Secular Discalced Carmelite of the U.S. Central Province.