- Blog Central
- About Us
- Our Saints
- Carmelite Calendar
- Safe Environment
Mercy Healed Me
December 4, 2015
(written October 16, 2015 while at the 2015 Milwaukee National OCDS Congress during Adoration)Lord, thank you for your Mercy.You have felt my anguish and pain.The rejection and deception pierced my heartDown to the first thread of muscle.Pain seared through my calmness.Oh, how my heart ached for loss of my marriage.Death! The death of what was supposed to be. “Til death us do part” came
The Little Way of Environmental Healing
November 23, 2015
We are faced with enormous environmental problems that harm people, and destroy property and wildlife. Everyone needs to help solve these.St. Therese of the Child Jesus teaches us the Little Way of Spiritual Childhood. She felt she could not perform the big mortifications of the saints. We also feel we cannot go back to a lifestyle without cars and modern conveniences. St. Therese, though, was determined
November 20, 2015
Star-filled sky,a tabernacle;moon glowinglike Sanctuary lamp,smell of melting waxand incensereplaced by pine mixedwith cold winter air.Dirt road covered by snow,crunching under foot,breaking the stillness,until I stopped.Motionless,ears cocked,there was no soundexcept darkness,and silent peace;the entire world’svastnessfrozen in time.At that moment,You pierced my heart,shattering the tabernacleof
Other Blogs by Secular Discalced Carmelites:
- Bethany Hang Out – a blog by Shawn Chapman, OCDS. Shawn is a member of the Austin community of Secular Discalced Carmelites. She also writes regularly for ATX Catholic online.
- Elizabeth Explores Writing - a blog by Elizabeth Ogilvie, OCDS. Elizabeth is a Secular Discalced Carmelite of the U.S. Central Province.
- Gray Rising – a blog by Tim Bete, OCDS. Tim is a member of the community of the Secular Discalced Carmelites in Dayton, OH.
- Hearth Cake and a Jug of Water – Mary Bellman, a member of the Dallas OCDS community, sends out a daily Carmelite quotation by e-mail. Send her an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be added on her mailing list and receive these Carmelite quotations.
- Illumina, Domine – a blog by Pat Enk, a Secular Discalced Carmelite of the U.S. Central Province.