- Blog Central
- About Us
- Our Saints
- Carmelite Calendar
- Safe Environment
Scriptural Stations of the Cross
Laura Marie Durant, OCDS, a Secular Carmelite in Austin, TX, shares with us her reflections on the Stations of the Cross based on Scripture.The reflections are available in PDF format from the Downloads page.
The "Place" to Be
What especially caught my attention was the figure of Jesus pointing to his Heart. It's such a definitive gesture! It's as if He's letting us know: THIS is the place to go - My Heart - no doubt about it! You have arrived at THE place to be when you abide here in this garden, in this time of prayer.
"I am the Vine, you are the branches" also came to mind. The "divine sap"... communion, union with Christ, bringing fruitfulness, seen or unseen.
Written by A Listening Heart
“But if before heaven and earth there was no time, why is it demanded, what Thou then didst? For there was no ‘then,’ when there was no time.” — The Confessions of St. Augustine
Written by Time Bete, OCDS
Tim Bete is a Secular Discalced Carmelite from Dayton, OH
Other Blogs by Secular Discalced Carmelites:
- Bethany Hang Out – a blog by Shawn Chapman, OCDS. Shawn is a member of the Austin community of Secular Discalced Carmelites. She also writes regularly for ATX Catholic online.
- Elizabeth Explores Writing - a blog by Elizabeth Ogilvie, OCDS. Elizabeth is a Secular Discalced Carmelite of the U.S. Central Province.
- Gray Rising – a blog by Tim Bete, OCDS. Tim is a member of the community of the Secular Discalced Carmelites in Dayton, OH.
- Hearth Cake and a Jug of Water – Mary Bellman, a member of the Dallas OCDS community, sends out a daily Carmelite quotation by e-mail. Send her an email at email@example.com if you would like to be added on her mailing list and receive these Carmelite quotations.
- Illumina, Domine – a blog by Pat Enk, a Secular Discalced Carmelite of the U.S. Central Province.