- Blog Central
- About Us
- Our Saints
- Carmelite Calendar
- Safe Environment
The "Place" to Be
August 17, 2016
This morning brought a return to a sense of focus, in trying to rebound after days on the road. As I started my walk at the Rosary Garden, what riveted my eyes was the Sacred Heart statue at its entrance. What especially caught my attention was the figure of Jesus pointing to his Heart. It's such
July 22, 2016
“But if before heaven and earth there was no time, why is it demanded, what Thou then didst? For there was no ‘then,’ when there was no time.” — The Confessions of St. AugustineIn the beginning,God created a time machine,so I couldtravel to a daywhen I love Himmore than Ilove myself.Years ticking by,seasons pulling me along,like a mother on a mission,holding
June 20, 2016
This poem is a response to the pervasive and wanton distractions that overrun our age; to which Christians are not entirely immune. Our Carmelite vocation stands as a remedy to these distressing symptoms of Modernity; and humanity’s deepest longing for spiritual wholeness.chasmWoven into the summer’s heat a drowsy instance snaps, a crack of thunder – jarring –revealing
Other Blogs by Secular Discalced Carmelites:
- Bethany Hang Out – a blog by Shawn Chapman, OCDS. Shawn is a member of the Austin community of Secular Discalced Carmelites. She also writes regularly for ATX Catholic online.
- Elizabeth Explores Writing - a blog by Elizabeth Ogilvie, OCDS. Elizabeth is a Secular Discalced Carmelite of the U.S. Central Province.
- Gray Rising – a blog by Tim Bete, OCDS. Tim is a member of the community of the Secular Discalced Carmelites in Dayton, OH.
- Hearth Cake and a Jug of Water – Mary Bellman, a member of the Dallas OCDS community, sends out a daily Carmelite quotation by e-mail. Send her an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be added on her mailing list and receive these Carmelite quotations.
- Illumina, Domine – a blog by Pat Enk, a Secular Discalced Carmelite of the U.S. Central Province.