- Blog Central
- About Us
- Our Saints
- Carmelite Calendar
- Safe Environment
October 15, 2018
Last [summer] my daughter asked me to stay with her children (her almost four year old daughter, and one and a half year old son) for an hour or so while she attended to a task with focus. It turned out to be more delightful than I could have imagined, and a cause for simple, peaceful and enlivening reflection afterward.I had barely come into the living room, when my granddaughter wanted to play a
Carmel: Garden, Mountain
October 2, 2018
By Gideon Pisanty (Gidip) גדעון פיזנטי [CC BY 3.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0)], from Wikimedia Commons At the heart of Carmel is both garden and mountain. Filled from the Fountain, consummately gentle – Waiting in the garden... waiting...
~ home spirit
October 2, 2018
Evening lounges across the harbour, stretching off to the purple blue horizon. Sailboats, having stripped their masts lay scattered on a glassy sea, like so many chess board pieces.My island yawns before me in a Techni-colour dream. Its image burning bright green from clouds mirrored in the sky + blazing just for me. “When will I return to my father’s land? Now that
Other Blogs by Secular Discalced Carmelites:
- Bethany Hang Out – a blog by Shawn Chapman, OCDS. Shawn is a member of the Austin community of Secular Discalced Carmelites. She also writes regularly for ATX Catholic online.
- Elizabeth Explores Writing - a blog by Elizabeth Ogilvie, OCDS. Elizabeth is a Secular Discalced Carmelite of the U.S. Central Province.
- Gray Rising – a blog by Tim Bete, OCDS. Tim is a member of the community of the Secular Discalced Carmelites in Dayton, OH.
- Hearth Cake and a Jug of Water – Mary Bellman, a member of the Dallas OCDS community, sends out a daily Carmelite quotation by e-mail. Send her an email at email@example.com if you would like to be added on her mailing list and receive these Carmelite quotations.
- Illumina, Domine – a blog by Pat Enk, a Secular Discalced Carmelite of the U.S. Central Province.